The village is located about 25 minutes away from the city. The journey will take you to long roads surrounded by a rich spectrum of greenery and overarched by wild blue skies. In the village, the colors of cultural diversity are not an issue but rather our pride, where you can savor the soul of Sabah. Upon arrival at the entrance of the village, you will be ushered to the warmth of different homes of the ethnicities of Sabah. Each home was built by descendants of the tribes they represent and offer you a truly genuine experience seeing everything in and around the village lends to its magical prowess of taking you back in time. Not only does this village portray these tribes through the architectural genius of their traditional houses, but also through a range of simulated lives of the olden epoch by the residents of the village. Acquaint yourself with each tribe as they let you come into their house and their simple yet intricate lives.
As you traverse the village, you will find demonstration huts along the main houses in which daily activities of old times come into life. For example, the making of blowpipe, starting a fire
(from bamboo tree - you will learn the steps of making fire without the help of a lighter), tattoo-making (and its symbolisms) and etc.
By the end of your journey into the past, you have been given a setting for you to see, hear, taste and feel the uniqueness of what Sabah truly is…an unforgettable encounter of our Sabahan homeland.
Itinerary for 10.00am (wz Lunch)/ 2.00pm (wz Hi-Tea) arrival:-
· Upon arrival, you will be greeted and as preparation for your time-travelling into prehistoric Borneo, briefing on the Village Rules is a must before you enter the village. You will be greeted by the Chief and go through a custom Welcome Ceremony, then you walk through the suspension bridge to enter the village.
· First, you will visit the Dusun house. Here, you will witness a demonstration on the traditional way of tobacco cutting. As you exit through the back door, you will enter a hut specialized for bamboo cooking and Montoku (rice wine) processing.
· Second, we will bring you to the Rungus Longhouse. Here, you will learn how to start a fire without lighters or matches (and watch the villagers make ethnic bangles out of rattan).
· Third, you will find the Lundayeh house. Inside, be awed by a demonstration on the olden ways of producing ropes, vests, floors, walls and etc. from tree barks.
· Fourth, visit the Bajau House to watch the locals prepare Jala (local cake) and Pandan juice. Inside, you will see a myriad of colourful materials of antique ancestral objects. At one corner, there is a decorative bridal parlor for your photo-taking pleasure.
· Fifth, belonging to the headhunters’ tribe, the Murut Longhouse, awaits you as your journey reaches the ending. (Just kidding! We hereby guarantee that your head will still be attached to your body after visiting this house). You will be greeted by the Chief and go through a custom Welcome Ceremony. Later, witness a demonstration on blowpipe making before going into their house. Inside, there is a built-in Lansaran (traditional trampoline-like floor) which you may dance on after they show you how to jump for your “prize”. At a corner, witness the locals as they tattoo their bodies the old method. You can also get a temporary body tattoo the ancient way if you wish.
· Finally, you will be led to the stage where our very own staff will entertain you with cultural performances. After that, proceed to the main hall where you will be given fifteen minutes to linger around and shop at the Souvenir shop (all handmade products). You may also choose to take photos of your surroundings.
· After your wonderful tour, sumptuous meal is prepared for you at the Buffet Counter.
· Then, it is time to bid farewell to the villagers and depart into the 21st century, as we transfer you to your respective hotels/ drop-off points.
Includes: Hotel Pickup & Drop off, English Speaking Guide/Driver, Entrance Fees, Meals as mentioned
Exclude: Any Items Not Mentioned.
Departure: Daily 0900hrs (with lunch); 1300hrs (with Hi-Tea) | Duration: 4 hrs
* Child's rate: between 2 to 11 years old.
|Price Per Pax||Adult||Child|
|Malaysian||RM 170.00 - RM 199.00||RM 150.00 - RM 179.00|
|International||RM 170.00 - RM 199.00||RM 150.00 - RM 179.00|