0645-0700hrs - Pick-up from hotel lobby and depart on a 2 hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch. Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb, meet your assigned mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG. Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times. (The original passport/IC will be required to be presented at the registration desk for verification purposes)
You'll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetation. Arrive and check into one of the assorted Laban Rata huts@3272m (non-heated dormitory beds) in the late afternoon. Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight.
Accommodation: Laban Rata Assorted Huts (Non Heated Dormitory Beds)
DAY 2 – LOW’S PEAK / DESCEND MOUNT KINABALU / KOTA KINABALU [Supper/B/L]
0200hrs – Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
The journey up to the Low's peak @ 4,095m will test your fitness and determination. Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
0700hrs – Descend back to Laban Rata for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarters.
Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement! Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
1430hrs – Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
Please be on time otherwise you may have to find your own transportation.
Request for early/late pick up can be arranged at a cost (chargeable).
Please bring along youroriginal documents i.e valid passport/ICfor the climb registration.
A good vacation is never without some must-have essentials.
As Kinabalu Park is located in a hilly area, it is best to pack up warm clothing and gloves to ward off the cold.
Also, don’t forget to bring a highly water resistant knapsack and a raincoat in case it rains.
The rough terrains of Mount Kinabalu require its ambitious to-be conquerors to have comfortable walking/ tracking shoes with them.
Last but not least, be well prepared with energy snacks e.g. chocolate, nuts, glucose sweets and a water bottle for fuel and hydration. As a safety recommendation, bring along a torch light in case one gets lost at night.
Includes: Meals as Stated, 01 Night @ Laban Rata accommodation (Non-Heated Dormitory), Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ - Timpohon Gate - Park HQ), Mountain Guide (sharing with other climbers), Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit, Certificate and 6% GST
Excludes: Tourism Tax @ RM 10.00 per room/bed/night(to be paid upon check out), Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Optional Tipping & Any Items Not Mentioned
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
- 16 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE: One mountain guide is allowed to take maximum of five (5) climbers. Additional Mt Guide @ RM 230.00 p/guide
- 15 YEARS OLD AND BELOW: One mountain guide is allowed to take maximum of two (2) climbers. Additional Mt Guide @ RM 230.00 p/guide
This means, Adults & Children 15 years old and below will have separate Mt Guides.
E.g: 2 Adults + 2 Children OR 2 Adults + 1 Child OR 1 Adult + 1 Child – will require 2 separate mountain guides.
- Our rates are costed based on ONE (1) Mt Guide, hence additional Mt Guide for children is to be paid directly to Sabah Parks upon registration.
- Climbers who reached Timpohon Gate after 1600hrs, a fee of RM 15.00 per hour/guide is chargeable and to be paid directly to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Water at Laban Rata is not treated. For safe drinking water, bottled water is available for sale at Laban Rata shop.
- Check in time at Laban Rata is 1300hrs and check out time is 1030hrs the following day
- An additional charge of RM 100.00 per hour will be imposed for any check out later than 1030hrs
* Child's rate: between 2 to 11 years old.
|Price Per Pax||Adult||Child|