This tour package is not available for online booking.
Please contact us for availability and possible promotion price.
If this is your first experience of Via Ferrata activity, you may want to consider going for Walk the Torq itinerary. This route is designed for climbers with average fitness, and it would also be suitable for families with children with a minimum age of 10 years old & 1.3 metre in height. The average duration for completion of this activity is approximately 2-3 hours.
For any avid thrill-seekers or adrenaline-junkies, this is definitely the way to go! Walk the Torq doesn't require any special skills, so it's open for anyone who wants to take the experience to even greater heights!
With a proper system of routes, devices and an experienced trainer to guide you, Via Ferrata climbing allows anyone to experience the exciting challenges of this activity under the safest of conditions.
DAY 1 –KOTA KINABALU / PARK HQ / TIMP. GATE / LABAN RATA – PENDANT HUT [P.L/D]
6:00hrs - Pick-up from your hotel lobby and depart on a 2 hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter.
8:00hrs – Arrive at Kinabalu Park HQ. Collect your packed lunch. Pre-check in at Mountain Torq’s office, register and make payments at Kinabalu Park’s offices. Meet your appointed Sabah Parks’ mountain guide. Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.(The original passport/IC will be required to be presented at the registration desk for verification purposes).
You will then be transferred by Sabah Park’s transportation to starting point @ Timpohon Gate; where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins!
8:30hrs - Start hiking up Mt Kinabalu from Timpohon Gate @ 1,866m. The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours trek. You will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetation.
15:00hrs – Arrive at Pendant hut @ 3,289m and settle in.
Attend themandatory Via Ferrata briefing session in Pendant Hut between 3-4 pmhttp://www.mountaintorq.com/readme_briefing_safety/
18:00hrs – Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Pendant Hut.
20:00hrs - Lights out.Accommodation: Pendant Hut (Dormitory Beds)
DAY 2 - LOW’S PEAK / WALK THE TORQ / DESCEND MT KINABALU / KOTA KINABALU[Supp/B/L]
01:30hrs – Wake up for early supper & pack up.
02:30hrs - Continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
05:40hrs - Summit Low's peak @ 4,095m and catch the sunrise.
06:00hrs – Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
07:15hrs – Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (introductory via ferrata, French grade PD).
09:30hrs - Return to Pendant Hut for a well-earned breakfast.
11:00hrs - Check out of Pendant Hut. Descend to Timpohon Gate.
Arrive at Timpohon Gate (Est. arrival 15:00hrs to 17:00hrs) and transfer to headquarter to collect certificate of achievement. Lunch will be served in Kinabalu Park.
16:30hrs - Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
· Borneo Trails provides only ONE scheduled shuttle from PHQ to Kota Kinabalu which is @16:30hrs.
· Request for early or late transfer to the city, is considered unscheduledand additional cost applies to arrange another transportation for you back to Kota Kinabalu.
· Please bring along your original documents i.e valid passport/ICfor the climb registration.
· Please note that the climber’s details/passport copies are to be forwarded at least 14 Days prior to climb. Penalty fee of RM50/Pax will be imposed by Mt Torq without exception, if the details are submitted after deadline given
Includes: Meals as Stated, 01 Night @ Pendant Hut (Non-Heated Dormitory), Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ - Timpohon Gate - Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Ferrata Trainer, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificate
Excludes: Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks,Tourism Tax @ RM 10.00 per room/night, Any Items Not Mentioned
Destination (return) Weight Rate
1. Timpohonà Laban Rataà Timpohon 10 kg RM130.00
2. Timpohonà Sayat-Sayatà Timpohon 10 kg RM150.00
3. Timpohonà Mt. Summità Timpohon 10 kg RM160.00
*Maximum weight PER PORTER is 10 Kgs and additional weight will be charged base on daily rate Per Kg.
· Porters are hired at Park HQ before starting of your climb
· Climbers’ backpacks will be weighed by porters in front of climbers.
· Payments are to be paid directly to the porter by CASH.
· Please carry with you, things that you will require during ascending/descending as your porter will not trek along with you.
- Lunch Time at Balsam Restaurant: 12:00 - 16:00hrs. Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing.
- Climbers who missed the (Seat-In-Coach) scheduled pick up time @ 15:00hrs will be transferred by Sabah Park’s transportation back to their respective hotel
What do YOU need to pack?
For personal items, here's a checklist of the minimum essential items on that you will need to bring:
· Raincoat or waterproof jacket
· Warm clothing like fleece jacket, hiking pants
· Change of clothes (you may not want to sleep in what you sweat in!)
· Cap / beanie / head scarf (helps prevent heat loss, especially at night and in the early morning)
· A small / lightweight towel
· Personal toiletries
· Refillable water bottle
· Torchlight (preferably a head torch)
· Comfortable covered trail/ hiking shoes
· Energy snacks e.g. chocolate, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
· Sun protection - Sunglass, sun screen lotion, SPF lip balm (beware of the strong UV rays)
· A small backpack to hold your things
· A rain-cover for your backpack
· And of course, AN ADVENTUROUS SPIRIT!
· Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag(We do notrecommend guests to use their own camera during the Via Ferrata due to safety reason)
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
- 16 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE: One mountain guide is allowed to take maximum of five (5) climbers. Additional Mt Guide @ RM 230.00 p/guide
- 15 YEARS OLD AND BELOW: One mountain guide is allowed to take maximum of two (2) climbers. Additional Mt Guide @ RM 230.00 p/guide
This means, Adults & Children 15 years old and below will have separate Mt Guides.
E.g: 2 Adults + 2 Children OR 2 Adults + 1 Child OR 1 Adult + 1 Child – will require 2 separate mountain guides.
- We would like to remind that MOUNTAIN TORQ do not accept pregnant customers, physical disability or any medical conditions. No form of compensation will be made by Mountain Torq and MT reserve the right to reject any customer who is not suitable to participate VF activity.Climbers who reached Timpohon Gate after 1600hrs, a fee of RM 15.00 per hour/guide is chargeable and to be paid directly to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Water at Laban Rata is not treated. For safe drinking water, bottled water is available for sale at Laban Rata shop.
- Check in time at Laban Rata is 1300hrs and check out time is 1030hrs the following day
- An additional charge of RM 100.00 per hour will be imposed for any check out later than 1030hrs
the event of cancellation of a booking, a written notice must be made and the
following cancellation charges will apply:-
50 days or more……… 50% of total tour package
21 to 49 days………….. 75% of total tour package
14 to 20 days………….. 85% of total tour package
04 to 13 days………….. 95% of total tour package
Less than 04 days or No Show ~ 100% of total tour package
REFUND POLICY:Unfortunately, there is no refund under any circumstances including, but not limited to, summit closure due to bad weather, Act of God, being refused climb by Sabah Parks rangers or mountain guides due to your personal health and safety reasons or any other reasons that may affect the authorities’ decision to disallow you to summit.